Friday, July 16, 2010

Why She Walked

I don't know how exactly, but I stumbled across this blog a few weeks ago. It's the blog of Jennifer Hoffman, an AZ 3-Day walker. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000. It was treated successfully. But like it so often does, her cancer came back. Metastacized. Much like Casandra's did.

I was intrigued by her story and added it to my favorites so I could read her older posts. On days when I really need a reminder why I'm putting my diabetic, hormone loopy, insanely fat body through this.

Today, one of those days, I found this post:

http://www.08azbreastcancer3dy.blip.tv/

This video is her story, the story of why she walked.

It's also why all of us walk.

(And get all weepy and feel bad about griping about it being too *bleeping* hot to walk. Why, although I so hate myself for signing up for the 3-Day in what has to be the worst weather year ever, I still can't wait to do it).

Jennifer died April 21, 2009.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check out her story - when I'm in the mood to cry because I'm sure it is very touching - as are all the stories that are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete